Ah This “10k” Can be applied to a few things in my life,
and that is,
I want to run 10km sometime soon(no expiry date it is to be achieved over time )
and secondly save 10 000$ (no expiry)
And thirdly pay 11 000$ of debt I have off (6k student loan and 5k credit card as soon as possible)
And alongside those goals I would also like to have / buy : Fiat abarth 2014, my little house, a horse, a second husky, an enclosure for both dogs and another for horse, a extension on my house, and backpacking for 1 week and a trip to the amazon to work with endangered species. Which do I want first ? I have no clue (all at once ?!?!?! high hopes lol)
But right now, I would like to pay off my credit card and reach my savings goal alongside either planning a trip or taking one (also getting a husky puppy in 2 weeks)
Does anyone have any advice as to what to do in terms of all my goals ?
That apparently the Husky breed is a bad breed according to my parent in-laws new neighbor.
Did you know she’s “Dangerous” and will be a “killer” one day.
Apparently I Dutchess the Husky is going to be a killer one day, I didn’t know that, did you ?
I sure AS FUCK HAD NO BLOODY IDEA.
Also she recommends that I have my dog sent to a shelter because it would be better for her …
Let me rant about how fucking idiotic, dense, judgmental and stupid people are. You can’t judge a dog by it’s breed, and you have no right telling me I should have my dog sent to a shelter when she has NEVER done anything to you but maybe bark at our front door to be let in. Shes on her chain and doesn’t even go near your property bitch.
But still it fucking boils my blood, Also a little more context, shes a mother of two and was piss drunk on a Tuesday night yelling at her new neighbors, best neighbor award goes to the new bitch.
I’m still pissed.
It’s people like her that get innocent animals put down like the ever so evil “pit bull” or “Rottweiler” , did it ever occur to her it was perhaps the owners that make the dog a good dog or a bad dog ?
Jeeze fucking Louise.
It took all of my will not to knock a bitch out -_-
But seeing as I am mature and have respect to my drunken dumbass neighbor on Tuesdays night I just swore a bit and told her to shut the fuck up.
Try to be peaceful to thy neighbor even if she is a retard.
Ah, that lovely moment when you realise “Shit I’m running out of time to get a move on with my life” and also “Legal in the states” and also “I have to rename my blog”. I’ll ponder on those thoughts further below. How would one spend their birthday morning, probably louching (Laying around) Me, shovelling snow because I live in Quebec, in the country and have pretty long drive way that is the widths of two cars. I also spent it trying to get WordPress to load which it took forever to. Now we are here; me writing this post about being 21 and other shenanigans.
So as for the first thought, I’m running out of time. I really want to get things going, I want to be done school and working but I’m going to be in school for the next 8-10 years. Psychology, Y U NO LOVE ME.
The second comment made above about being legal in the states is completely useless untill I go to NYC or something which I would like to this year if everything works out to my advantage. But then again nothing ever works out to my advantage except in 2009, that year was a great year. and 2011 too. 2012 just sucked. And 2013 is off to a good start in some ways and a bad start in others (such as being layoff for 2 weeks.)
And lastly I have to rename my blog I am no longer 2o, so therefore 20andjuststarting needs a make over. Plus I am no longer just starting I have been going at it for over a year now. Ahaha going at it. Not quite what I meant, but I have been blogging for a while and also my views have been super high as well per month (about 500) I was only getting 60 during the summer. So I’m open to ALL suggestions for a new blog name 🙂 please leave me a comment.
The very last thing I want to say today is how happy I am that this time last year we got Dutchess, my black and white Siberian Husky. She has seriously been the best dog ever(kinda-sorta ate a tone of things but regardless of that.) I’m so happy that she’s here and even more greatfull that my boyfriend bought her when I turned 20.
Alas, I’m going to get some cleaning done and then head over to my moms for a small family dinner 🙂 YUM.
So last weekend was my pouch’s Birthday (Dutchess), which was celebrated in 2 ways. Me waking up at noon and running around town chasing her because my brother let her off of the leash and then afterwards with some dog bones.
But for the first part, I really really really was not happy with her nor my brother. Also she’s a husky and all i can picture in my head her saying is “Oh you’re going to get me, NO YOU DONT! hahaha stupid humans…” and after an HOUR, I mean an hour of sprinting, running, diving and creeping around a cemetery (where I proceeded to catcher her.) Was not fun, but now looking back on it , it was kind of funny. Cause here I am breathing like there’s no tomorrow and she’s like ‘do de da, I’m a husky whom never get’s tired.”
You can guess what that face means …
So amongst this over the 9 months I’ve had her I’ve learnt a few things the hard way:
1) They shed… a lot. I usually vacuum once a day and god forbid if I don’t it looks like a scene from Texas with lil’ mini dust bunnies as tumbleweed’s. And I swear I don’t go ‘AHA I’ve got you, you lil’ ball of fur you” While vacuuming … Well maybe I do :p
2) Huskies in particular are hyper, but what do you get when your Husky thinks she is also a cat? And over-size dog trying to sit on your lap while watching TV, whom then proceeds to bat your hair like a cat and but unlike a cat it’s not cute or funny; it’s painful and annoying and she always end’s up scratching me. But regardless, I still love her 🙂 Also she seems to think that her sitting spot is on top of the couch and at the headboard where our pillows are.
3) My dog is clever, like get the shoe on the highest shelf clever, get of her leash clever, get out of the house by opening the window clever (It wasn’t locked but how does a dog even know that?!) drinking my tea the second I’m not looking clever, and lastly getting the meat off of the counter without me even knowing clever. Some would say this is bad dog but remember I’m writing about the past and will talk about her changes/ differences further below.
4) She likes to chew, like most dogs. At first it was teddies, then it was shoes, then it was my retainer, and now it’s pillows (but thank god it’s only pillows, because my retainer was worth 250$ and she ate 11 pairs of shoes … so a $4 pillow is not that bad.) Do we obedience trainer her? Yes of course, but she’s stubborn like most huskies and I feel like she is learning, just slowly and one thing at a time … But I can trust her now, Meaning I can leave my shoes anywhere’s now and she won’t touch them.
5) Potty training, first off I HIGHLY recommend crate training And Praise over punishment. She was fully potty trained by 6 months old and has not had an accident since. ‘Yay her :)’
6) Dog food maters, this is something that people don’t think is important but I do. I buy first choice, it’s 69$ for a big bag and last’s 2 months. One day I tried giving her complements brand name and she’s ate so much that she made herself sick and had potty issues (I will not into detail but think in terms of the gastro) I called the vet and he asked “Has there been any changes made recently” I told him about the food and what do you know, it was indeed the food. He compared cheap dog food brands to McDonalds (Gee what do you know he happened to use the worst brand of food on earth in my opinion) Which from that point on and out I will never buy it again. I’ll stick to my ‘over priced’ dog food. And for those of you who are skeptical think of it this way would you feed your kid trash? chances are high that’ll be a no, so why should we feed our dog’s garbage food? (And anyways all cheap brands are crude fat and food coloring with additives.)
7) Grooming, First off I’d like to say, no matter what if you have a long furred dog you’re going to either have hair on you or need to invest in a ‘schticky’ (which works by the way!) I only bring her to the groomers twice a year and I clip her nails myself. Working at an SPCA gave me tones of practice so I’m pretty good at it and up to date I haven’t over cut any animal. (includes: rabbits, dogs, and cats.)
8) Dog’s get jealous. Like whenever a toddler see’s their mom’s and dad’s hugging they instantly want their mom back to themselves (Also keep in mind this depends on the trait the child has and I did learn this in psychology, I’m not spewing lies here.). EXCEPT it’s Dutchess wants’ my Boyfriend to herself, if were hugging she tries to part us. This is something we are working on.
9) She howl’s like a wolf, full-blown bellowing husky to the max, or whines like a high-pitched irritating noise that you can’t stand at 4am in the morning because she has to pee but regardless of that you still get up and let her out in the pitch black night in your pyjamas in the freezing cold November-ness. *And breath*
10) Dog’s are expensive and for life. They’re not something you get for a few weeks and then throw away because they’re ‘bad’ or ‘incontinent’, they are a part of your family and need commitment and time. If your dog is bad seek advice, work with him/her there are options other than dumping them in some random place or bringing them to the SPCA .it pains me to see so many animals go to the SPCA because they’re to hyper or bad, they deserve a chance …
But besides these factors, we are working on the most current one pillow chewing and the whole jealousy act. And of course something are unchangeable, like fur. But overall she has come a long way from being the worst puppy in the world to finally calming down but still retains her quirkiness.
My dog’s my life, I don’t ever plan on having children, I feel like I already have one. (Plus I just don’t like kids, dogs are so much more fun!)
You can visit my youtube channel for video’s of her 🙂 @ AmberEveSimpson
If you have any questions DONT be shy to ask a way!
So today’s blog is going to be about my summer / fall goals and why I’m up at 3am writing this blog. First off most of my summer I’ve spent working 60 or more hours a week, yea I know it’s CRAZY and I’m just about at my limit for working as well. And all of the shifts I’ve been basically working are night. So that is why I’m up right now. But I have to get back to day shifts before Friday. I have no idea how I’m going to do this. Lots of tea? Coffee? Mhmm defiantly. But besides work I’ve had a little list of things I’ve been wanting to get done or buy or do for the summer and upcoming fall. And I will post them in point form with a either a complete, changed, never mind or to be done following them…
Get my Fitness degree (in progress)
Get hair done (Complete :D)
Get my puppy fixed (To be done when she’s 8 months)
Fix my car or buy a new one… (Obviously haven’t done either yet but I’m planning on buying a new one and scraping this one that I have now)
Buy a bike and start biking (Not done, probably won’t get done- instead purchasing a treadmill)
Start my book (Now I have 2 in mind and haven’t started writing but have an idea of characters and setting and plots. Book 1 – Dutchess and her puppy/ dog years. More for advice and humor. Book 2 – ah, this one is a top secret 🙂 but I’ll give a unobvious hint “Halloween & les monsters”
Start Fundraiser #3 ( Last year in school I did 2 for 2 different organizations: SPCA de Valleyfield and La Bouffe Additionell) And this year I want to do 2 more for 2 other organizations that is part of this lower Montreal region. I hand in mind a school supplies fundraiser for kids that go to Heritage and the French elementary school. And maybe a fun day for the less privilege or a weekly FREE activities day (like Saturday) for all younger students. A day like this would promote having funny & being active& making friends or making stronger relationships in younger kids. I can’t even begin to explain how vital it is for children to have a strong social life; it affects them, their self esteem, and their self worth in a group and will highly affect how they will be when they are older in the real world. Remember were always stronger in numbers. And this theory can be applied to most aspects of the human life. *** Sorry for going all Psychological on you guys, it’s defiantly a high interest for mine.***
AH, a new Phone. This is something I need every 5-6 months. Phones are a love hate relationship. I love them, but when someone else pisses me off I end up throwing them (the hate being they hate me 🙂 if a phone had feelings) I want an Iphone or a black berry. And I’ve narrow it down to a black berry due to my phone commitment issues, Who cares if you throw your black berry –psh. But some people will look at you with death eyes if you were to throw your iphone !
And then there are all of those other goals, like stop drinking coffee(tried, failed), save money( I have :)), go shopping(haha this is a never ending goal of my life.), get a tattoo(When I graduate college :)), go to a concert ( Lights :)), stop being stress (This is a working progress) Fix my house (Can you even fix a house in this type of state? HA HA) Get a tone of hours (Yep, done, now I’m burnt) and lastly be happy. (This is a, um, working progress that connects tightly with my stress& Anxiety & school & money& .. life. Ugh.)
I have many other goals and things I’d like to get done but honestly I have a list of about 200, starting with the dishes to do. But these are more important and specific.
So I live in Quebec, Canada. And for the last few days it has been amazing. Tan worthy. Walking around in flip-flops worthy. Wearing short-shorts worthy. AND even Swimming worthy. YES. March. I know you must think I’m crazy depending on who you are, if you aren’t from Canada and think we are supposed to be covered in snow, we’ll we are supposed to be but nope Mother Nature wants us to bring them sunglasses out early.
There is one small problem. ALL my summer cloths and shoes and EVERYTHING are in my storage while we are redoing my house (which we are on the last coat of painting and then I can move back in ^.^) See that wouldn’t be that bad of a problem If I could get to it without having to move a whole house worth of stuff. Oh and it gets worst I have only two dresses out and everything else is like winter-ish stuff like thick sweaters and Fuzzy leggings and Whooly-Man socks, Yes I went there. And yes they are Trev’s, and he does know but he isn’t proud of me. Guy’s socks are just so much warmer; you girls know what I’m talking about? You go to Arden’s and buy cute socks and your feet freeze, you have to wear like three pairs to be able to feel your toe’s after a small walk.
Idealy this is what I need: Sunglasses, Shorts, Gladiator Sandals. Sadly I have none. 😦
So I have no summer clothes this is a HUGE deal, I don’t know what to do. I have a budget which allows me to not spend money on myself Because I already spent that part of the budget for March, and April is so so so far away. So I have come up with one solution, borrowing 🙂 You know where I’m heading … I mean swap for a few days. I don’t have any shorts or skirts so the last thing to do is when you’re in need resort to a good friend who completely understands what you’re going through.
It was so nice out that I got to go for a small jog and am motivated to getting my body back in shape. Thanks to the help of Dutchess I’m always running after her, but that’s because I’m trying to show her how to play fetch, though I secretly think she just likes to see me run and get the ball. She is probably thinking to herself “Haha now you know how it feels to go fetch, do you like it? Huh?” Haha I know insanity right?
So my goals for this week are:
To run 5 days x 30 mins .
To make sure the SPCA fundraiser for dog leashes does amazing at school.
To borrow a pair of shorts.
And work some odd job to give me cash fast,
And to get all this homework done, it is seriously taking over my life. You miss three days and suffer for weeks. Bleh.
Get my car back. ..
My car that’s something you guys have been out of the loop about. Well let’s just say if the mechanic was a doctor my car was just brought back to life. I have so many engine problem which included two leaks which lead to no Prestone which lead to overheating, then all my sensory’s broke, then some of those fuse thingy’s went. Now that I think about it that all happened in one day, maybe this death is faster than what I thought. I need a new car.
(I would insert a picture her bu that would be devastating :s)
I think I’m done here for the day, Maybe I’ll be back here with some good news like I won a car from Roll up the Rim at Tim Hourtons, ooo how I wish this 🙂 or the TV would be my next best option. Can’t you tell I’m Canadian eh?