As some of you know I’m a 21 year old college student whom has to work for a living in order to provide for myself. Last year I got a student loan but that in my opinion was the worst choice ever. So this year I did not get a school loan which means I have to work so much more. Which is reflecting on my school grades of course. At the moment it’s easier to do night shifts because I can get 32 hours whereas if I did day shift I could only get 20 hours. Basically I get one more shift.
It’s still relatively depressing and I’m feeling the effects more and more, the long shifts are not getting any easier on my body. I’m left tired for days on end and my inner timer is off for a couple of days. I have a ‘bad hand’ now ever since I got it crushed and broke my finger. I also can’t wear any of my rings on that hand now because my knuckles are just slightly bigger. The night shifts cause me to gain weight because shift work is really stressful on your body. The job in its self is just the worst. But living in a rural area you kind of have to do what you can do in order to get money. C’est la vie.
(Or go on welfare- and that’s not an option for me.)
Recently there was a job opportunity within my company that I really want to do but due to my school scheduled I can’t do it. And it would have been something new and better than peeling potatoes for 12 hours. It was baking new inventions, and I love doing new things. But sadly I won’t be able to work in the new section. It’s going on three years this summer that I have been working at that company. Three years. What a commitment.
Basically if you read my first Factory Girl blog everything is the same in terms of work space and it somewhat being depressing. I can hope that they don’t shut down and that they provide me with a job until I start University. I don’t plan on quitting anytime soon, after this long I can keep going.
So I work in a factory part-time while doing my college studies. And I know when women first started in the work force that’s what they were doing, factory work. But as a 20-year-old during college I expect more, I expect to be working a less crappy job; sure it pays more than minimum wage but honestly, It SUCKS.
I would rather work with the public or a more girly job, that I have to put efforts into looking good and being pretty. When working in a factory it is discouraging, no windows, sexist co-workers, favoritism, and just plainly it sucks. You often get sore from long hours, 12 to be exact. It is so long and painful and depressing. Good thing is that was Saturday and Sunday, and now we are Tuesday. Lovely that means there are three days left to enjoy the light, my boyfriend, my puppy and family. Then I go back.
So I have 5 current obsessions, 2 being girly, 2 being … guy-ish? And 1 being random!
1) Maybelline, New York – BABY LIPS lip gloss with color tint in pink punch. It screams cuteeee 🙂 That is why I specifically bought it, give it a try!
2) Maybelline, New York Master Precise, by eye studio in black. If you have seen any pictures of Lauren Conrad she has that classic black liquid eye liner that roles of her lids and into a point. I can master this with this amazing liquid eye liner. Perfect for anyone who wants their eyes to pop!
3) Resident Evil 5, yes I know! It isn’t even out yet; I’m going crazy I can’t wait!
4) The Walking Dead series, that plays on AMC. As you have probably notice I’m having my yearly zombie obsession. I know I’m out of que with the rest of the world because they celebrate this or are obsessed with this during Halloween, but I’m a wee bit different. Yep best series ever and I’ll like to thank Netflix for this obsession.
5) Twitter, I know who isn’t right? But it is like checking my make up everyday. I have to check it and then tweet. It is to the point my Boyfriend wants to block it, but then the results of that action will lead to a very unhappy life… So he is being smart about it and not saying a thing. Remember everyone happy wife happy life 🙂 Not that I’m married, But we have been together for almost 1 year and 10 months. ❤